The DNS server means “Domain Name System”, when you subscribe to “ISP” Internet Service Provider will include the network setting with DNS default and Public IP. The function of DNS on the network is to translate your request to load quickly the website you want to open.
However, the DNS server from the ISP is not reliable for any reason and if needed change the settings. When trying to access the website and some of the images does not load properly, DNS can’t communicate and download and translate the file to your computer.
In any case, Windows 10 pc is possible to change the DNS server setting on your computer quickly. all computer have the same DNS server with the default setting from the ISP. However, Windows 10 PC allow you the change the custom setting of the DNS on your computer.
How to Change DNS Server on a Windows 10 PC and Laptop
Before changing the DNS, you need to prepare a Free DNS server to change the old DNS. I have a screenshot below step by step on how to change DNS server using Windows 10 PC. Using the Windows 10 PC, you can change the DNS server by the following step.
Change DNS server on Windows 10 PC and Laptop
- Click the Icon network on your right taskbar then click the network & Internet settings
- After clicking the network & Internet settings, click Change adaptor options
- Network Connections will show and then right-click the Ethernet then click Properties
- Click the “Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)” and click “Properties
Note: Please don’t uncheck the box or install or uninstall, just follow the instruction to move forward.
- The default setting is “Obtain DNS server address automatically” to change the setting click the “Use the following DNS server addresses” then you can change the Prefered DNS server and Alternate DNS server.
If you are not satisfied yet on your DNS connection, you can try our new update Free Public DNS server list and test it which one is better on your connection.